Pre-Requisites to enroll in Lifeguarding course:
1. Must be at least 15 years of age.
2. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
4. Complete the following timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
- Surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface with the object, and swim 20 yards holding the object.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.