Pre-Requisites to enroll in Lifeguarding course:
1. Must be at least 15 years of age.
2. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
4. Complete the following timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
- Surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface with the object, and swim 20 yards holding the object.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
1. Come prepared to alternate between classroom and water activities.
2. Come prepared for a working lunch and/or dinner.
3. Must have appropriate eye wear. (ie: goggles) Contacts cannot be used as an excuse to stop during any activity.
Register online or visit the welcome desk.
If there isn't a class offered, please
call the OZone to schedule a time.
We also do training for groups.
RED CROSS CLASSES OFFERED
If there isn't a class scheduled, please call the OZone to find out more information.